Guess what? No..It’s not work or bollywood :-), It’s “Scrapping”. According Alexa traffic rankings for India, Orkut.com stands the most viewed/visited website after yahoo.com. I would give Orkut.com as numero Uno, because I believe Yahoo.com gets most of the hits due to it’s messenger traffic but towards the website.
The Rankings are as follows…(top 10 rankings)
02. Orkut.com (Where people fight on stupid topics for days and years)
03. Google India
06. MSN (msn.com)
07. Naukri.com (A Job’s site)
09. Windows Live (live.com)
Some more interesting facts seems weird to me. The trends clear shows that Indians are wasting lot of limited Internet connectivity that country has as of today. Let’s see some interesting rankings
- 11 : RapidShare.com – A site which is well known for sharing files on internet.
- 14: Debonairblog – A porn blog. Posts lot of MMS videos online.
- 16. MegaUpload.com – Similiar to RapidShare
- 37: MegaShare.com – Similiar to RapidShare
Top Informational, Corporate & News Sites (India only)
- 12: Wikipedia.org (Good to see Wikipedia growing in India)
- 13 : Indiatimes.com (Times Of India’s web portal)
- 15: Microsoft.com
- 17 : Raaga.com (Indian music streaming site)
- 18: Sify (Satyam Infoway web portal)
- 20: Timesjobs.com (Times of India’s Job’s portal)
- 21: Monster India (Jobs portal)
- 24: Jeevansaathi.com (Matrimonial)
- 28: ClickJobs.com (Jobs)
- 62. Eenadu.net (Telugu News Paper)
The top ranked sites (1-10) are showing a healthy traffic in netizens. “Search” is still stands as a hot trend in India. Blogger.com coming at rank 10 shows that India is stepping in to serious blogging right from masses.
At medium level ranks, pornographic and pirated software downloads have taken most of the traffic. This is clearly showing an indication of usage of pirated software. Very bad !