Copy files faster than ever in your PC (Windows Only)
September 19, 2007 5 Comments
Everyone must have gone through atleast once through this pain. "Copying large volumes of files". Nothing can test our patience than doing this tedious task and waiting for long hours and late nights to do backups. The default copy program in windows is bit slower because of the buffer usage algorithm doesn’t care about the volume of the files or the size. It just copies the files in a single thread and pre-defined buffer for any scenario.
TeraCopy is a nifty small copy handler for Windows XP/Vista, which does a smart job of making the copy jobs much more faster and reliable.
A Free copy for Home users can be downloaded from HERE
Lets look at the cool features at a glance…
- It uses dynamically adjusted buffers to reduce seek times in file copy operations. It also does asynchronous copy between two different hard disks to make it more faster.
- Pause and Resume file copy process anytime
- Does not terminate the whole copy job for any error in reading files
- Tracks the failed copy transactions
- Completely integrates with Windows Shell and replaces the original boring copy dialog.
Sounds cool huh ? 🙂